Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Belgian Mothership Wit

Nice complex flavors going on with this beer. At first taste, I detect what hits my taste buds and travels through faulty short-ridden wiring to my brain as "bubblegum", followed by a bit of citrus with some bitter flavors. There is also some clove and it is strange but it is all good. I do have to admit that I was not at all impressed with this beer at first sip and I was disappointed. I am rather mixed on the beers at New Belgium. They make good beer, but they favor the hop over balance so I drink their beers, one to a sitting. They are not what I would call an all night beer. The color in this is a cloudy blond with a stark white head and I am glad I let it warm up a bit and savored the flavors. I might have dumped this one and that is cause to have an infomercial and investigation.

4.5 out of 5 Give the beer a chance.

No comments: