Friday, November 23, 2007

Stone Pale Ale

Alright. I know that when I get a new beer in me that I just have to give you the experience and all that. "bla, bla, blasphemy"

When, I first opened this beer, it reminded me of Anchor Steam with the loud, powerful hiss and the lingering steaming veil over the bottle. It poured nice and rich, with a nice abundant head that smelled like nice delicious hops. The very first sip and I thought to myself that it was a great thing that I did not decide to go with the IPA...but then I thought to myself, this is not really a pure pale ale. I mean, it has all the flavor characteristics going for it...until you look at it. It reminds me of Fritz Maytag's evil brew. I hope he sues me for saying it, now that his crummy washing machines are now being made in Mexico. Sellout loser bastard...what are you going to do next? Sell the brewery, to S&P?

But, seriously folks. The Stone Brewing Company is in Escondido, California. Which gives me the hint, that with as much as that dried up loser and QUAFF beer snob and crony Rich Link has been banging the drum about Stone in the Celebrator Magazine, there has to be some QUAFF arrogant influence somewhere. I remember when I lived in San Diego and QUAFF was having their meetings at the Pacific Beach Brewing Company. A member owned the brewery and I was there with a friend who was a member. I ordered a stout and it was infected and spoiled. They got it going on for sure. That was a while back. If you don't believe me, just look up quaff on Google and find the site. Arrogant. However, this beer is fine and I recommend it. Regardless of what the heck it is.

4 out of 5 points maybe 4.5 out of five. It is good to be sure.

No comments: