Thursday, February 21, 2008

Coors

Coors Banquet. When I think about Coors, I remember searching for the elusive old Coors cans while in California as a youngster. I collected beer cans and it was really hard to find old Coors in the mountains and on the trails. Why, well, Coors went to aluminum cans in 1959 with an aluminum can that required a churchkey to open. Aluminum dents easily and while some think that aluminum does not decay as quickly as steel, it does degrade in the iron rich soils of Southern California. The paint process also does not age well on aluminum. Aluminum might be light but it sucks if you are a beer can collector.

I don't know, I think that since most of the major breweries changed their formulation to allow beer to be shipped without refrigeration, that the beer does not taste as good. This brew had a strong metallic flavor that did not add to the rocky mountain refreshment. Not good.

2 out of 5 points Back to the drawing board...

No comments: