Monday, December 10, 2007

Shiner Bavarian Style Amber Limited 98 Edition

Shiner is without a doubt, my "when I am in Texas, I will be drinking this", beer. I have always enjoyed shiner bock and have never encountered shiner premium beer or any other "regular" beer. As you may have read, I reviewed Shiner and feel that I was fair with it and its evaluation. Well, this is not Shiner Bock.

This is the brew that commemorates 98 years in the brewing business. I like it, with its more assertive hop flavor and its rather crisp, sweet finish. I will pick it up when ever I see it or Shiner Bock. They drink just fine and are a treat to me when I get down here to Texas. I just feel that this beer could be more assertive. After all, it is 98 years. Why not brew something world class that would stun people. I hope that Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner, Texas decides to throw caution to the wind and just brew it. This beer however has a nice head and is not bad in the body department and I would recommend it. Because it is good.

3.75 out of five points...next time just go to Bavaria and brew the stuff you drink while there. E

No comments: