Monday, December 31, 2007

August Schell Sampler Pack

The Sampler Pack is one of the treats offered by breweries during the holidays. August Schell offers this fine collection of 6 beers for the price of their six-packs and the choices are all worth while.

Schell Pilsner-Nice floral hop presence with malty balance. This beer would go nicely up against the Czech pilsners that abound the marketplace. 4.5 out of 5

Schell Pale Ale-All hops all the time bouquet with nice balance. This pale ale is easy drinking and well flavored and I would get more but there is another favorite of mine in this same six pack. 4.5 out of 5

Schell Octoberfest- While well done, this Octoberfest does for me what most all of them do. I am not enthused by all the spices. Nice malt presence and all prominent hop presence. This one is well done, just not my cup of tea. 4 out of 5

Schell Firebrick-Mellow lager with sweet maltiness that makes me want more. 4.5 out of 5

Schell Caramel Bock- Coffee dark color, rich head. Coffee, toffee, chocolate flavors blend for my favorite beer by August Schell. This one is a special treat. 5 out of 5

Snowstorm- I tried this beer a few years ago and did not like it. I read on the bottle that the recipe changes every year for the brew master to do creative things. This one is Belgian influenced and comes off really potent and tasty. Tingly rich flavors bounce off the tongue, dried fruit and sweetness with good hop balance. 5 out of 5

No comments: