Friday, August 31, 2007

Tommyknocker Maple Nut Brown Ale

Let me tell you the truth...I have never tried any of these beers by Tommy knocker. I absolutely thought that the name of this beer is stupid. I have always hated the labeling and appearance of the products that they produce (kinda like Rogue) and have always bought other brands when the choice appeared. Well, the other day, I was asked about what kinds of beers a person should try and what I thought was good. I replied that it really doesn't matter what I personally think is good as that does not apply to what you as a person feels. We can try the same beer and agree on some of the beer attributes and qualities. Sure, but when it all comes down to it, there is nothing that says that we have to agree about whether the beer is good or it is swill. I love all kinds of beers. Some people like only the beer that they drink and will not stray. My point? The beer lover must decide for themselves what they like. Pick out the ugliest packaging on the shelf and give it a try. You see how I painted myself into a corner now don't you?

At any rate...Tommy knocker Maple Nut Brown Ale has some great qualities. Is it a British style nut brown? Well, could be as it has the nice mouth feel and the smooth characteristics of a Samuel Smith's. In fact, it is rather sweet. I am convinced that it is a result of its 3.2 percent torturing by the state of Colorado. At 5 percent this beer would be a brew to be reckoned with but it would lose some of that silky smooth flavor that the lower alcohol allows for. Is it a great beer? No, but it is a good beer...a better beer than the label would indicate. Recommended.

Brown Ale 3.75 out of 5 points I liked the silky sweet satisfying package that was it.

No comments: