Monday, August 20, 2007

Bayern Dancing Trout Beer

http://bayernbrewery.com

To enter this subject and give you the knowledge you need to proceed with impunity will require a bit of background on the Bayern Brewing Company. I will tell you this: That crazy German that brews the beer there has his stuff in one sock. I am so impressed with all the offerings by this brewery that I could care less what kind of beer it is. As long as it says "Bayern" I am sure that it is good.

This beer is a Light Wheat Ale. The flavor is full and I love that when there is the word light in the name of a beer. With that out of the way, I will add that there is a rich creamy caramel base with a good amount (not too much) of hops and a mouthfeel that belongs in a German Hofbrau house. I want to try this brew in my German mug that my brother gave me after he went to Germany last year. By the way, the mug says "bayern" on it and my brother says that the word means Bavaria.

This brew is the great fishing beer. I read from the six pack label that Bayern has dedicated Dancing Trout to sponsor Montana Trout Unlimited. Don't get me wrong, I am not really a big environmentalist. I do however respect the willingness of Bayern to stand firm on its convictions and try to make a difference. I love trout fishing along with all fishing in general. I also like the fact that I can drink a beer that feels the way I do and acts on that. The beer is great and highly recommended. You crazy German, just keep on doing what you do well and I will keep drinking it as long as my liver holds out.

Wheat Ale 4.5 out of 5 points Great Show

No comments: