Monday, June 16, 2008

Point Einbock (Maibock Style)

Point Well Made. The madmen at the Stevens Point, Wisconsin brewery have impressed me mightily in the past and once again they have made their mark with a brew that says that they care little about cost vs profit forecasts. Brew the stuff and let them drink it.

It is bock beer. It has some richness and good malty pleasure with every sip. It pours a nice deep golden color with a beige, thin head. It has a malty, spicy nose with earthy undertones. My opinion is that this brew is true to maibock form with some nice spicy undertones. The sweet richness accumulates on my lips tempting me to constantly lick. There is also the hops which offer a perfect foil to all the sweetness. I must add one other thing. The mouth feel of this brew is superb, coating my mouth with sweet goodness. Like all Point beers, this one has a lot of balance in the mix. I love it and you will too.

4.5 out of 5 points Spot on and true to style. Point well made indeed.

No comments: